CLEAResult, Austin, Texas—Senior Copywriter
At CLEAResult, I collaborated with creative team members on concepts and copy for brand initiatives, building on the team’s vision to create bigger and better content for North America’s largest energy efficiency consultancy firm.
● Translated direction, copy points and creative briefs into consistent and engaging copy materials.
● Worked to ensure consistency between the tone and style of copy and visuals.
● Shaped the brand’s overall voice, and implemented that voice across all channels.
● Created brand-focused materials like case studies, white papers, podcasts, and other thought leadership pieces.
● Spearheaded new brand initiatives, focused on moving CLEAResult toward new content areas and opportunities.
● Managed and mentored content contributors, ensuring brand consistency.
DoStuff Media, Austin, Texas—New Business Content Producer
At DoStuff Media, I focused primarily on creating sales materials in the form of presentation decks for clients, and on overhauling the overall voice and tone of brand content. My experience as a copywriter, coupled with my UX training, enabled me to wear a few different hats.
Created entirely new product offerings deck for use in pitch meetings which played an integral part in cultivating new business for the company.
● Wrote all copy for the Android launch of the DoStuff app.
● Worked with the development team to define personas and create user flows for new app features.
● Collaborated on programs and client activations.
STAG, Austin, TX—Copywriter & E-commerce Manager
2010 – 2015
As the third-ever employee at the influential menswear retailer, my position evolved along with the company. Starting as a sales associate, I ultimately helped to build a brand voice and online presence still in use at STAG today.
● Generated all written content for company website and social media platforms.
● Served as point person for communication with menswear-related media outlets, in regard to content and advertising inquiries.
● Worked alongside ownership and third-party vendors to develop e-commerce site.
● Designed and executed processes to populate STAG’s e-commerce site and fulfill online orders.
● Managed e-commerce team, ensuring the proper photography and description of each individual item available for sale, as well as promotional shoots and event coverage.
General Assembly, Austin, TX—UX Design Immersive
I completed a 10-week UX Design program at General Assembly, during which time I learned to better integrate users’ needs and goals into the copy I create, and to produce storytelling experiences well beyond the written word.
While there, I built wireframes using tools like Omnigraffle, Sketch, and Axure. In addition, I made prototypes, conducted contextual inquiries, performed usability testing, comparative research, and much more.
College of Charleston, Charleston, SC—B.A. in English with a Concentration on Creative Writing
In order to be a writer, you have to write. And read. A lot. That’s what earning a degree in English entails, and it has served me well in my career.